Demarest (N.J.) Northern Valley Regional defensive end Andrew Trumbetti submitted his letter of intent to Notre Dame Wednesday.
The 6-5, 250-pound prospect is listed as the No. 86 overall recruit in the country, the No. 5 defensive end in the nation and the No. 4 recruit in New Jersey according to 247Sports.
• Runs a 4.69 in the 40-yard dash and a 4.34 in the 20-yard shuttle.
• Bench presses 360 pounds and squats 475 pounds.
• Posted 112 tackles, 18 stops for a loss and 11 sacks as a senior.
• As a junior, totaled 85 stops, 17 tackles for a loss and 12 sacks.
• Selected third-team NJ.com All-State and first-team All-Big North Conference as a senior.
• Named second-team All-Big North Conference after his junior campaign.
All-Star Games And Camps
• Played in the 2014 Under Armour All-American Game Jan. 2 in St. Petersburg, Fla. Did not register any stats in the game, but won the Lineman Challenge during the week of practice.
• Committed to Notre Dame on March 23, 2013.
• Enrolled on Jan. 7, 2014.
• Chose the Irish over Florida, Miami, Michigan State and others.
• Primary recruiter at Notre Dame was former defensive coordinator Bob Diaco.
• Official visit to South Bend was on Nov. 23, 2013, for the game against BYU.
• Made unofficial visits to Notre Dame on June 24, 2012 and March 23, 2013.
• Offered by Notre Dame on June 27, 2012.
• Born March 14, 1997.
• Posted a 3.67 cumulative GPA during high school.
• Undecided on his major in college.
• Expected to be in the defensive line rotation during his first year in South Bend.
They Said It
Tom Lemming Of Prep Football Report: “Physically, Andrew already looks ready for Notre Dame. He will get great coaching from defensive line coach Mike Elston. He’s not a dominating player yet, but he will develop really well. I think he has a ton of upside, but he’s not yet the explosive player that he will become.”
Northern Valley Regional head coach Tony Mottola: “Andrew has done all the right things since he got to our school and has worked tremendously hard to get where he is today. He’s an unreal kid, and he’s got a bright future. I think Notre Dame fans will be very pleased with Andrew over the next few years.”
Trumbetti On Why He Chose Notre Dame: “I think attending Notre Dame is the right decision for me. I want to play early, and I want to get bigger and stronger. I am not going to redshirt, I’m early enrolling, and I believe it’s going to be a great decision for me.”
Already have an account? Sign In