No. 22 Notre Dame vs. Purdue
Date: Sept. 8, 2012
Site: Notre Dame Stadium (80,795)
Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. ET
Radio: This broadcast can be heard live on SIRIUS Satellite Radio (channel 129).
Series Facts: This is the 84th meeting between the two schools. Notre Dame holds a 55-26-2 advantage. The Irish have won the last four contests against the Boilermakers, including a 38-10 romp in West Lafayette, Ind., last year.
Purdue Coach Danny Hope’s Record
• 17-21 (.447) in three seasons at Purdue
• Caleb TerBush (19) — The 6-5, 225-pound senior quarterback started 13 games last season and completed 177 of 277 passing attempts for 1,905 yards and 13 touchdowns. He threw just six interceptions all year, including none over the final four games, and rushed 83 times for 219 yards and a score.
• Akeem Shavers (24) — The senior tailback (5-11, 203) had 519 yards and six touchdowns on 111 carries in 2011 behind Ralph Bolden, who averaged a team-high 56.2 yards per game last season and tore an ACL in the regular season finale. Shavers added five receptions for 58 yards and a touchdown.
• Rick Schmeig (76) — A 15-game starter at center, the 6-3, 305-pound senior helped clear the way for a Boilermakers squad that rushed for over 100 yards in 11 games last fall.
• Kawann Short (93) — The senior defensive tackle was an All-Big Ten selection last year and the team’s defensive MVP after a career-high 54 tackles (17 for loss) and 6.5 sacks. He recovered a fumble, forced another, blocked two kicks and broke up two passes.
• Antavian Edison (13) — Purdue’s leading returning wideout finished 2011 with 584 yards and three touchdowns. The 5-11, 175-pound senior started six games last fall and averaged 13.3 yards per reception.
For The Record
• Purdue outscored opponents 231-185 in the first half last season, but was on the short end of a 164-119 deficit in the final two quarters and overtime.
• Senior running back Ralph Bolden was limited in fall camp and his return is unknown after tearing his ACL at the end of last season. It was the third time the Folkston, Ga., native suffered an ACL tear in his career, the first coming as a senior at Charlton County High and the second during the 2010 offseason. Last year’s injury cost him a chance to play in the first bowl game of his career.
Already have an account? Sign In