In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Irish fans to engage in hardcore discussion about Notre Dame athletics
Talk with Irish fans from around the globe about college football's most storied program
The spot for anything on your mind outside of Notre Dame athletics
The place for Notre Dame fans to trade and exchange tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1) Bama is 1 dimentional. They only have one receiving threat. Thats a great matchup for how our D is built.
2) Bama's Center really struggles with big NG's. Nix will be in the backfield a lot.
3) The size and athleticism of Georgia's front would give us problems. Golic would struggle with both NG/DT's and
4) Georgia has a much better pass rush than Bama
5) Georgia runs more spread looks than Bama
6) Aaron Murry is a more athletic Qb which can make more plays with his feet than McCarron.
7) Saban's 3-0 record in the NC has nothing to do with this season and these teams.
8) Bama is slower on D than UGA and struggle containing mobile QB's. (Robinson isn't a QB. He's a RB no matter what anyone says)
On top of it all, if we played UGA instead of Bama and won...haters would
still clamor that we didnt beat the real SEC 'champ" or best team.
Thank you. I think ND could beat either team, but after watching that game, I like our chances because of how we match up.
Good observations, NDShepard.
Prior to the game, the popular opinion seemed to be that Georgia is more individually talented at most spots than Alabama, but it was a question of who would play better as a team. Alabama showed me a lot the way they patiently stayed with the run and easily came back from that 21-10 hole when it seemed Georgia was on the cusp of breaking it open. They do play like a true champion.
Notre Dame has all year as well. The way it repeatedly came up with the plays on offense and defense when most needed is not luck or coincidence. It's what champions do.
Agreed that Saban's 3-0 record has nothing to do with this year and this team, but the man is a veteran of these high-stakes atmosphere. I think the popular feeling on the outside with him is get him to the title game and he provides an instant psychological advantage, sort of like Joe Montana being 4-0 in Super Bowls.
I have alot of nerve posting about opinions of football, but I'm gonna do it anyway.
Imho, I think the youthfulness (inexperience) of Golson is the only disadvantage we have. If our OL can give him enough protection, we can get it done.
Bettyann, post anytime you want, if we all knew what we thought we knew, we would be coaching!!!
With a full season under his belt, and another couple weeks of additional practice, I think EG has the experience needed to get the job done. If he has no TOs on 1/7/13, we win.
Two time Poster of The Week, 2011 and 2013.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports