In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1031
Online now 1033 Record: 6507 (2/14/2012)
The place for Irish fans to engage in hardcore discussion about Notre Dame athletics
Talk with Irish fans from around the globe about college football's most storied program
The spot for anything on your mind outside of Notre Dame athletics
The place for Notre Dame fans to trade and exchange tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Of the Nine or Ten players who can come back for a 5th or 6th year next year. Also what is everyones thoughts on Louis Nix or Shembo leaving early?
1. Tyler Eifert - NFL bound
2. Chris Watt - He can increase his draft stock by coming back - but it wont be to the point that its worth it.
3. Cierre Wood - He can increase his draft stock by coming back - but it wont be to the point that its worth it.
4. Zack Martin - Could go either way (he could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder if he stays or a 6th or 7th rounder if he goes).
5. Dan Fox - Could go either way (he could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder if he stays or a 6th or 7th rounder if he goes).
6. Carlo Calabrese - Only comes back if Fox leaves for the NFL or he replaces Teo as the starter.
7. Nick Tausch - - KU or UMass bound
8. Jake Golic - KU or UMass bound
9. Tyler Stockton - KU or UMass bound
10. Jamoris Slaughter - KU or UMass bound or done
Slaughter is being processed for a sixth year at ND
I can't see Fox ever being drafted. Just my opinion, but i see no way he leaves unless ND doesn't want him back. Same for Calabrese. I think both will be back if ND wants them. I don't see either ever getting a shot in the NFL. But you never know, thats why i'm not an expert,lol.
Two time Poster of The Week, 2011 and 2013.
Of those u list only eiffert is a sure thing for early round pick. Fox wont get drafted. Watt would not get drafted either at this point in his career. Wood should ask darius walker how leaving early worked out for him
Watt has been a beast this year. He will play in the NFL.
3 time POTW;
That means ND is doing the paperwork. It doesnt mean that he'll be playing for the Irish next year.
Look at the prospects ND is still after who I think they'd still take regardless of numbers
As I said before I think Carlo is gone unless he's the starter in place of Teo. No point in bringing back a 5th year backup unless we whiff down the strech in recruiting.
What are you basing these on, exactly? No way Martin goes as low as the 7th if he declares this year, and no way he goes as high as the 2nd if he declares next year.
10. back for 6th year if he rehabs
6-Time POTW Winner, 4 time at BGI and 2 at 24/7
I love the way Martin plays and I hope he is back next year. The only negative I have heard about him is his height, but that won't stop him from moving to guard in the NFL.
CMC Quote Master and Director of Football Related Discussions
5 Time POTW & 2 Time WPOTW Winner
So you have 6 guys back (Watt, Wood, Martin, Fox, Tausch & Slaughter) you realize that means ND is done with recruiting. Unless you think people are transferring out (likely) or others Nix & Shembo are leaving early.
I didnt say watt would not play in the nfl. I said that he would not get drafted if he declared early. Big difference
There isn't one name on that list that I would take over one of our captains, a proven leader and performer on the field!
You never know what you are going to get when a freshmen comes in. Slaughter would be $ from the first snap!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports