In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 955
On this Board 373Record: 7576 (1/16/2013)
Online now 929Record: 6507 (2/14/2012)
The place for Irish fans to engage in hardcore discussion about Notre Dame athletics
Talk with Irish fans from around the globe about college football's most storied program
The spot for anything on your mind outside of Notre Dame athletics
The place for Notre Dame fans to trade and exchange tickets
You have no favorite boards.
No. 6 seed Notre Dame faces 11th-seeded Rutgers tonight in the second round of the Big East Championship.
LAST SIX TRIPS TO MSG
• Jan. 15, 2013 (67-63 loss to St. John’s) — Notre Dame shot 46.2 percent (24-of-52) from the field but made just 1 of 9 attempts from 3-point range.
• March 9, 2012 (64-50 loss to Louisville) — in the Big East tournament semifinals last season, the Fighting Irish shot just 35.8 percent (19-of-53) from the floor and a miserable 11.8 percent (2-of-17) from behind the arc. Notre Dame was 7-of-28 from the field in the first half.
• March 8, 2012 (57-53 OT win over South Florida) — The Irish got away with a 39.1-percent shooting effort in the league tournament quarterfinal contest because the Bulls had their own offensive struggles (38.2 percent). After getting out to a hot start (11-of-22) in the first half, Notre Dame clanked 16 of its 20 shot attempts in the second period. However, eight of the team’s 18 made field goals were 3-pointers, and the Irish finished 8-of-16 from deep.
• Feb. 25, 2012 (61-58 loss to St. John’s) — The Irish stumbled to a 25-of-66 (37.9 percent) effort from the field and watched only 4 of 31 attempts (12.9 percent) from behind the arc fall, including 1 of 14 in the second half.
• March 11, 2011 (83-77 OT loss to Louisville) — In the Big East Championship semis, the Irish were 25-of-58 (43.1 percent) from the field and 8-of-24 (33.3 percent) from 3-point range.
• March 10, 2011 (89-51 won over Cincinnati) — Four Irish players reached double-figures in a thrashing that included a 56.1-percent effort from the floor (32-of-57) and 9-of-19 from behind the 3-point line. Notre Dame was 8-of-16 from deep in the first half alone.
No reason we should lose this game, so that probably means........(finish the sentence,lol)
First time POTW for 4/18/2011-4/24/2011.
Must win game no doubt. Control boards and limiting turnovers are keys
If ND doesn't control the boards they can lose this one - OWN the boards and move on to the next game. GO IRISH!
With our rpi ND could be a 10 seed if the lose. Cooley and knight need to dominate for sure.
Box out, slow down, don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Onward To Victory...
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports