In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for Irish fans to engage in hardcore discussion about Notre Dame athletics
Talk with Irish fans from around the globe about college football's most storied program
The spot for anything on your mind outside of Notre Dame athletics
The place for Notre Dame fans to trade and exchange tickets
You have no favorite boards.
1) Have you considered rotating Riddick at slot a little more to accomplish getting Wood and GA3 more touches and an explosive player incorporated at the slot position?
2) We haven't seen any TB screens this year... Against aggressive blitzing defenses like Standord, are there other things you do to counter that or use their aggressiveness against them?
3) I know you mentioned in the past you like the different personnel groupings of this team.... But have you reassesed the offense and have you considered running the sonic/hurry up offense you ran at Cincinnatti in certain situations during the game?
Does anyone else have questions they feel needs answered? Or am I the only one?
I think the staff is realizing that Theo cant come off the field much at all. He has to be out there. Atkinson will hopefully beef up his slot capabilities in the event Toma needs a spell and Wood isnt at RB. They are seeing what we see: that Theo is by far our best complete back, especially when doing a composite score. Runs inside tough, outside well enough, best pass catcher and by FARRR our best back in Pass Pro. If Riddick is in the slot and Wood is the RB, 99% it is a run play. I love Wood, but his little throw a shoulder at someone and call it pass blocking doesnt cut it much.
What I would like to see asked is "Coach can you speak to the luxuries of not having to substitute a GOALLINE personell package on defense?"
1) Will you have a more consistent run package for Golson?
2) Does OU's offense (great balanced attack) present a different set of issues for our DB's vs. the offenses we've faced already?
3) How does playing in Norman (possibly the most difficult away venue in the country) change the way you'll approach this game?
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports