In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 459
Online now 451 Record: 6507 (2/14/2012)
The place for Irish fans to engage in hardcore discussion about Notre Dame athletics
Talk with Irish fans from around the globe about college football's most storied program
The spot for anything on your mind outside of Notre Dame athletics
The place for Notre Dame fans to trade and exchange tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge - Survey of Recruits
Interesting survey results of 80 recruits at the Rivals100 Challenge. See link below for full article.
Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge player survey
Some of the questions asked:
1. Of all the head coaches you've talked to, who was the most intimidating?
2. Of all the head coaches you've spoken with, who was the easiest to talk to?
3. Of all the head coaches you've spoken with, who was the most persuasive?
4. What college that you've visited had the best campus atmosphere?
6. Who means more when you're making your college decision - a school's head coach or your potential position coach?
7. What's the No. 1 factor you consider when selecting a college?
8. What's the most overrated factor that some recruits consider when they're picking a college?
9. Should the NCAA allow football players to receive a stipend?
10. BCS or playoff - which do you prefer?
11. Would you like the NCAA to add an early signing date?
12. Who's the main person you seek for advice on choosing a college?
Interesting survey results of 80 recruits at the Rivals100 Challenge. See link below for full article. Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge player survey Some of the
Jonas Gray expected to be asked about playing football at Notre Dame. The other question he’s constantly fielding has nothing to do with the game.
His new Miami Dolphins teammates keep asking the running back if he knows Fighting Irish women’s basketball standout Skylar Diggins, who gained national recognition — and plenty of TV face time — while leading Notre Dame to the NCAA Finals last spring.
“It does not fail,” said Gray, who signed with the Dolphins as a undrafted free agent after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament during his senior season. “People ask me why I haven’t tried to talk to her. I say, ‘I don’t know.’ I haven’t done it. She’s a great girl. Everybody loves her on campus.”
Gray said recruits want to meet Diggins when they visit Notre Dame’s campus, often asking her to pose for pictures.
Diggins recently tweeted: “Just met a couple ND recruits … young men were very polite haha.”
When one of her 250,000 followers asked if Notre Dame coaches used her help recruit, the South Bend native replied: “I’ve done my fair share of recruiting.”
“She’s a recruiting tool because everybody wants to meet her and they see her at games,” Gray said. “She’s always in the cheering section. She’s definitely become part of the Notre Dame stigma.”
Corwin Brown has been involved in football as a player and coach, college and NFL, for somewhere in the neighborhood of 21 years. Only 3 of those years were at Notre Dame. Yet, he seems to be associated more with ND as a short lived assistant than as an All Big Ten player at Michigan or former assistant under Belichek.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports